Engineering is by far the most mainstream and substantial career choices of all. While there are various streams one can pursue, the one who has a knack for automation and mechanics should certainly opt for a B.Tech in Mechanical engineering course. The reason being, it is considered to be the most lucrative and evergreen branch of engineering that deals with the concepts like thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, fluid mechanics, and structural analysis in Power Sector, Automotive Sector, Aerospace, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Sector.
Mechanical engineering is considered to be one of the oldest branches of engineering. It was decades back when a cart was made by putting the wheels to practical use by mounting them on an axle. Since then, science and technology has been improving each year and people have been inventing more sophisticated machines and devices in order to improve quality of life.
Now, with major developments in automation sector, government of Maharashtra is dedicated to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Make in India campaign. Due to this, the manufacturing sector will be benefitted and shall be empowered by big players who are all set to build their manufacturing plants in India. This paradigm shift will attract new job avenues and welcome mechanical engineers from some of the leading b tech mechanical engineering colleges in Maharashtra. In addition to all this, the prospects of mechanical engineering are expanding beyond geographical boundaries, thanks to the technological advancement and broadening of scope.
Now-a-days, mechanical engineering is getting more inter-disciplinary in nature and its scope is expanding beyond traditional boundaries. Mechanical engineers are driven by technology and are ditching traditional methods for a simplified work. They are also focusing on new areas such as development of composite materials, nanotechnology, environmental conservation and biomedical applications.
Every year students from over major metro cities appear for the mechanical engineering courses across various colleges in India and many of them get lucrative job offers after successfully completing their engineering degree.
Considering all these advancements, more and more students are opting for a mechanics degree and top mechanical engineering schools in Nasik, Mumbai and other metro cities are holding entrance exams to offer seats to the most eligible students across the country. Students who are planning to study abroad, can also check some options for colleges in the US, Australia and New Zealand respectively.
So if you are a student looking to pursue your mechanical engineering, below are a few career options and wide scope of job avenues for Mechanical Engineers in India.
Few options are listed below for your reference. Check the ones that interest you the most and then start preparing towards it –
1. Aerospace industry – manufactures, operates, researches, designs, and maintains aircraft
2. Pharmaceuticals industry – manufactures and develops drugs
3. Electronics industry – designs and manufactures components and complete equipment for sectors from automotive to medicine and the military
4. Materials and metals industry – This industry involves activities such manufacturing components or end products and developing new materials
5. Chemical industry – chemicals manufacturers and the businesses that support them (e.g. to build new plants or develop new process technologies)
6. covers oil companies, Construction industry – designs and builds infrastructure, buildings and services (e.g. electricity, heating and ventilation)
7. Defense industry – support and services for the armed forces provides equipment, and national security
8. Automotive industry – distributes and markets motor vehicles, designs, manufactures,
9. Marine industry – develops and helps operate vessels
10. Fast moving consumer goods industry – deals with the manufacturing of products such as household cleaning items, personal hygiene goods and convenience foods
11. Rail industry – manages, designs, maintains and constructs rail system components such as tracks, electrical power systems and train control systems
12. Utilities industry – deals with supply of water, electricity, telecoms and waste management
Most of the engineering colleges in Maharashtra and all over India, offer various courses which are listed above. However, if you are looking for certain off beat courses, it is a possibility that they might require you to pass an aptitude or an entrance test as it qualifies and examines your intellect to pursue that specific beat of engineering.
Hope this post will help you decide a career beat for mechanical engineering and guide you towards your path. Make sure you prepare well for the entrance exams and also check out the best merit colleges to pursue your engineering. All the best!